Margarita Lozano (Col)

Do you find yourself more attracted to work that is not like your own, or work that has similarities to yours?

I feel attracted and inspired by many different types of work not
just only the one which I feel have similarity with what I do.

¿Te sientes más atraída por el trabajo que no es parecido al tuyo o el trabajo que se le parece?
Me siento atraída e inspirada por diferentes tipos de trabajo no solo por el que tiene similitudes al mío.




Which comes first for you-the concept or the image?

I always work with layers (like paper or fabric) which for me
represent the way both human beings and nature are composed so I guess
the concept is already there when I start to work. What I like concentrating the most on is the process rather than the final image or result.

¿Qué viene primero para ti el concepto o la imagen?
Siempre trabajo por capas (como el papel o la tela) que para mí representa de lo que se componen los seres humanos y la naturaleza, creo que el concepto está allí cuando empiezo a trabajar. Entonces prefiero concentrarme más en el proceso que en la imagen final o el resultado.





Do you have any artistic blocks? What do you do to solve them?
I do have artistic blocks and the only thing that helps me overcome
them is to keep on working.

¿Tienes bloqueos artísticos? ¿Cómo los solucionas?
Sí, tengo bloqueos artísticos y lo único que me ayuda a solucionarlos es seguir trabajando.



Interview by Maya Bloch

No comments: