Adriana Garcia Galan (Colombia)

When do you like your drawings?
I like them when I know I've finished them at the right moment, not before nor after.

¿Cuándo te gusta un dibujo tuyo?
Me gusta cuando sé que lo terminé en el momento justo, ni antes ni después.



Tell me about one...
I have one that is a seed with a lot of roots that didn't sprout. It's special because I did it in a moment of my life when i felt like i didn't have a floor.

Hablame de uno en especial:
Hay uno que es una semilla que echó muchas raíces pero no germinó. Es especial porque lo hice en un momento en el que me sentía sin piso.

When you draw something, do you think about somebody?
No, not about somebody, about particular situations yes.

Cuando dibujas algo, lo haces pensando en alguien?
No, en alguien no. En situaciones particulares si.



"When do you draw?
I don't draw all the time, but I like to know that I can do it whenever i feel like it, It's like having a t.v. even though you don't turn it on. It comes in waves.

¿Cuándo dibujas?
No dibujo todo el tiempo, pero me gusta saber que lo puedo hacer en cualquier momento, algo así como tener televisión aunque uno no la prenda.
Viene por olas.



Do you listen to music when you draw? (to) which?
Not particularly.

¿Oyes música mientras dibujas? ¿cuál?
No particularmente.


Interview by María Isabel Rueda

No comments: