Juana Neumann

Born in/ Nació en: Santa Fé (Argentina)
Lives in/ Vive en: Buenos Aires

Who are you? /Quien eres?
I’m like a handful of many things, that are becoming more entangled./
Como un puñado de muchas cosas, que van estando cada vez mas enredadas.

What's your work about? De que se trata tu obra?
About my life and other things stolen from other people’s lives./
De mi vida y algunas cosas robadas de las vidas de otros.

How do you do it? /Como lo haces?
I have images in my head, or texts and I think about them all the time. And when I sit down to draw they come out, and many times what comes out is something else./
Tengo imágenes en la cabeza, o textos y los pienso todo el tiempo. Y cuando me siento a dibujar me salen, y muchas veces me sale cualquier otra cosa.

Why do you do it? /Por que lo haces?
It’s a need to do something that takes me to a place that doesn’t exist unless I invent it./ Es una necesidad de hacer algo que me lleve hacia otro lugar que no existe sino inventándolo.

What artists have influenced you and why? /Que artistas influyen en tu obra?
Rosario Castellanos, Adrianne Gallinari, Felix Gonzalez Torres, Leonilson, Feliciano Centurion, Clarice Listpector y un montón más./
Rosario Castellanos, Adrianne Gallinari, Felix Gonzalez Torres, Leonilson, Feliciano Centurion, Clarice Listpector and a lot more.

No comments: