Yuns (Taiwan)

Since you imagine yourself painting at the edge of the world, how is
it like to be painting in Taiwan?


I want to say I ‘m sorry. In fact I do really want to find the scenery
of the edge of the world, but I just can't get there yet.
I used to only think about myself when I was doing my projects.

But more important is: What's the relationship between my works and
the society I live in.
How to respond to the society state I stand in...

Si tú imaginas que estás pintando en el fin del mundo, ¿Cuál es el
significado para ti de pintar en Taiwan?


Quiero decir que lo siento. En realidad quisiera encontrar la
escenografía del fin del mundo pero no he podido llegar aún allá.
Solía pensar solo en mí cuando hacía mis proyectos.
Pero lo más importante es: Qué relación hay entre mis trabajos y la
sociedad donde yo vivo.



Choose a color or a combination of 3 colors and talk about them.

I especially love blue, blue with a little green or gray .
It’s like a person going into the deepest part of the forest.

Escoge un color o la combinación de tres y habla de ellos

Especialmente amo el azul, azul con un poquito de verde o gris.
Es como una persona que se adentra enla parte más profunda del bosque.


In your drawings I see the different connections which emerge of
your own fiction. Choose a drawing and reconstruct or invent the
process of its creation, please...


I can’t always be certain of the last looks. I often change and change with
my mood. Or sometimes I paint something, but I just feel something
wrong. so I will stop it ,and in after days I try to understand it.
But sometimes I give up , and I‘ll to put a cover over it.

In the pic 1 I started to paint 2 men, and i wanted to make them seem
hypocritical
and stand before many people. This made me think of certain activities
in Taipei.
These activities were about Sanying Aboriginal Community in Taipei County.
Their homeland was dismantled by the government without any warning in
February, 2008. So ,,, I changed their faces.

En tus dibujos veo conexiones que surgen de tus ficciones. Por favor
escoge uno de tus dibujos y háblanos de su proceso de creación.


Nunca sé con certeza cómo se ven mis dibujos al final. Con frecuencia
cambio y cambio las cosas dependiendo de mi estado anímico. A veces
pinto algo pero tengo la sensación de que no está del todo bien así
que me detengo e intento entender qué sucede. A veces no lo logro y
simplemente lo cubro con algo.
En la foto 1 comencé a dibujar dos hombres y quería que tuvieran una
mirada hipócrita y que estuvieran frente a mucha gente. Eso me hizo
pensar en ciertas actividades que sucedieron aquí en Taiwán contra la
comunidad aborigen Sanying de Taipei. En febrero de 2008 y sin previo
aviso sus asentamientos fueron desmanteladas por el gobierno. Así que
decidí cambiar las caras de mis personajes.



In your photographs I see a dream-like atmosphere that reminisces
the ambiguity of your drawings. Whats is the relationship between
photography and drawing for you?



I think maybe the pictures could be something temporary. And they will
help me to store the feeling and sensation of my experiences.

Maybe .

En tus fotografías veo una atmósfera onírica que me recuerda la
ambiguedad de tus dibujos, ¿cuál es para ti la relación entre
fotografía y dibujo?


Creo que las fotos son algo temporal. Ellas me ayudan a conservar los
sentimientos y las sensaciones de mis experiencias. Quizá.



I find traces of actions that reflect your world, can you talk about it?

I feel my Exit is broken / I hope that it is just provisional.

Encuentro que hay trazos de acciones que reflejan tu mundo, ¿podrías
hablar de eso?


Siento que mi Salida está rota / Espero que sea algo provisional.

Interview by/ Entrevista hecha por Natalia Castañeda

No comments: