Juana Neumann (Argentina)

Why do you draw?
I don't know, I have always drawn, even while making other things. I like drawing very much, I like it if there is few elements, only paper and pencil.

¿Por qué dibujas?

No se, siempre dibujé, aún mientras hacía otras cosas. Me gusta el dibujo mucho, me gusta que sean pocos elementos, nada más el papel y lápiz.



Is there anything you don't like about drawing?

I like to draw only what it occurs to me, I don't like to draw with a previous guideline; when it's like this I have a hard time enjoying it.

¿Hay algo que no te guste sobre dibujar?

Me gusta dibujar solo lo que se me ocurre, no me gusta dibujar con una pauta previa. Cuando es así me cuesta mucho disfrutarlo.



How do you approach white paper,do you have any sort of "ritual"?
When I start to draw generally I have an image in my head of something, an idea, and I erase a lot, as if they were attempts that don't go out right, until theres is something I like and from there I continued, but after a while of erasing and erasing.

¿Cómo te acercas al papel en blanco, tienes algùn tipo de "ritual"?
Cuando empiezo a dibujar generalmente tengo una imagen en la cabeza de algo, una idea, y borro mucho, como si fueran intentos que no me salen bien, hasta que algo me gusta y ahí lo sigo, pero despues de un largo rato de borrar y borrar.



Interview by/ Entrevista hecha por
1911

No comments: