LALA LADCANI

Buenos Aires

Who are you? / ¿Quién eres?
30 366 779


What’s your work about? / ¿De qué se trata tu obra?
I think it’s about the simple things in life; it focuses on everyday things, like a pillow or a supermarket bag. When I do illustrations I use the same approach, they’re usually monsters or animals that have domestic chores, common lives: they sweep, hang their clothes, party on their birthdays, eat cheese, feel embarrassed, and are afraid, get sad.
I like to work with color and basic shapes, take it to different planes, three-dimensional or 2d but real, translating the digital world to something more tangible./
Creo que se focaliza en las cosas sencillas de la vida, se concentra en elementos cotidianos, como una almohada, o una bolsa para ir al supermercado.
Cuando ilustro también existe el mismo enfoque, son monstruos o animales que tienen tareas domésticas, vidas comunes: barren, cuelgan la ropa, festejan cumpleaños, comen queso, tienen vergüenza, miedo, tristeza.
Me gusta trabajar con el color y las formas básicas, llevarlo a distintos planos, tridimensionales o 2d pero reales. Trasladar un poco el mundo digital a algo más tangible.



How do you do it? / ¿Cómo lo haces?
I like to work with different materials and I like discovering new uses for them. Depending on each case I work in a different way. Sometimes I sketch some ideas in my computer and I think about what their possibilities of existing in real life are. I like it when I explore an area that is unknown to me because it helps me understand new things that might be done./
Elijo trabajar con diferentes materiales, e ir descubriendo nuevos usos para ellos.
Dependiendo el caso trabajo de distinta manera.
A veces boceto algunas ideas en compu y analizo las posibilidades de que eso que pienso pueda existir realmente. Me gusta cuando exploro un rubro no muy conocido por mi, porque me ayuda a entender que cosas nuevas se pueden proponer.

Why do you do it? / ¿Por qué lo haces?
Because I enjoy it, I enjoy the whole process from the research to the finished piece, every moment gives me satisfaction. Sometimes I get paid but that doesn’t happen always. /
Porque lo disfruto, al momento de investigar sobre algo, hacerlo y verlo terminado, cada instancia me da satisfacción. A veces tengo una remuneración económica, pero no sucede en todos los casos.



What artists have influenced you and why? / ¿Qué artistas influyen en tu obra y por qué?
I used to like Anthony Goicolea and Rineke Dijkstra; Goicolea because of the atmospheres he manages to create and Rineke for her simplicity. There are lots of people I admire and whose work directly or indirectly influences me; luckily I am always interested in getting to know new things and artists and different things as well. /
En su momento me gustaba mucho Anthony Goicolea y Rineke Dijkstra, Goicolea por los climas que logra, y Rineke por su simpleza. Hay infinidad de gente que admiro y siento que directa e indirectamente me influye, por suerte me inquieta conocer siempre cosas nuevas, artistas y todo lo demás también.

No comments: