Adriana Berrio (Colombia)

What drives you to create?
What drives me to create is the need to do so. The times I have tried something different I’ve felt very bored. Only by doing things, by creating, everything makes sense.

¿Qué te lleva a crear?
Lo que me lleva a crear es la necesidad de hacerlo. Cuándo he intentando hacer otras cosas en la vida me he aburrido mucho. sólo haciendo cosas, creando, todo hace sentido.





What/who inspires you the most?

Music
New emotions
Dreams
Being in and out of love
Drawings by some kids
The situations that take me out of my daily routine


¿Qué/Quién te inspira más?

La música
las emociones nuevas
los sueños
estar enamorada y des-enamorada
los dibujos de algunos niños
las situaciones que alteran mi orden cotidiano




What makes you happy?
Taking care of my plants,
being in love,
meditation and having a sense of the sacred,
being home,
parties,
watching birds,
being with my friends and family,
being alone,
music,
making lists,
and everyday more and more: embroidering.

¿Qué te hace feliz?
Sentirme libre
cuidar las plantas,
estar enamorada, meditar y tener un sentido sagrado,
estar en casa,
las fiestas,
observar pájaros,
estar con amigos y mi familia,
estar sola,
la música,
hacer listas
y cada vez más : bordar.




In your work there is a combination of pain and joy, am I right with that thought?

Yes, in my work there is a mix of many emotions because basically I work creating from what I feel more than from what I see.

It is very hard for me to draw looking into an external source. To me, drawing is to invoke what happens inside me and create symbols of it.


En tu trabajo hay una combinación entre el dolor y el gozo, ¿Es correcto?

Sí, en mi trabajo hay mezcla de muchas emociones, porque básicamente trabajo sobre lo que siento más que sobre lo que veo.
Me cuesta mucho dibujar mirando un referente externo, para mi dibujar es invocar lo que me pasa interiormente y hacer símbolos de eso.



What do you do when not creating?

Socialize

¿Qué haces cuando no estás creando?
Socializar


Interview by Nura Porat

No comments: